Cleaning your used glass roach tips is quick and easy. It is best to clean your tips straight away after each use however you can store your used tips in a smell proof container until you are ready to clean them. To save yourself a load of hassle – grab a bottle of isopropyl alcohol. A whole bottle will last a long time and it’s the best cleaner for melting off tough resin and tar from your used tips. Most of the time, you shouldn’t even need to use the pipe cleaner tool because the isopropyl alcohol works so well at melting away the dirt and resin.
How to clean your used glass roach tips
- Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
- Salt (coarse or sea salt preferably)
- Pipe Cleaner (included with packs of Piff Tips)
Optional: If you do not have isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), hot water + dish washing liquid can be used instead. Retail glass cleaning solution also works.
- Let the dirty glass tips sit for 5-10 minutes fully submerged in either isopropyl alcohol or the mixture mentioned above. This will break down the dirt and resin so it comes off when you use the pipe cleaner.
- Add a small amount of salt to your soaking tips and mix it around and the salt particles will help knock off some of the dirt.
- Carefully remove the dirty tips after they have soaked and gently insert the pipe cleaner through the glass tip giving the inside a good scrub. Use the blue end of the cleaning brush for a deeper clean. It has additional hard bristles to help break down and clean stubborn dirt from your tips.
- Dry your tips with a cleaning cloth or leave them somewhere to dry.
Extra Cleaning Information
- Piff Tips should be cleaned between each use for best results.
- Add some coarse salt to your soaking mixture and mix it around to help loosen up any dirt or resin.
- Isopropyl Alcohol is the best cleaner – it melts away annoying sticky dirt and resins from your tips much better than hot water and dish washing liquid. You can find isopropyl alcohol at most pharmacies and big shops – it is also called “rubbing alcohol” and is used as a disinfectant.