How to clean Piff Tips:
- Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
- Pipe Cleaner (included with packs of Piff Tips)
Optional: If you do not have isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), hot water straight off the boil + dish washing liquid can be used instead.
- Let the dirty glass tips sit for 5-10 minutes fully submerged in either isopropyl alcohol or the mixture mentioned above. This will break down the dirt and resin so it comes off when you use the pipe cleaner.
- Add a small amount of salt to your soaking tips and mix it around and the salt particles will help knock off some of the dirt.
- Carefully remove the dirty tips after they have soaked and gently insert the pipe cleaner through the glass tip giving the inside a good scrub. Use the blue end of the cleaning brush for a deeper clean. It has additional hard bristles to help break down and clean stubborn dirt from your tips.
- Dry your tips with a cleaning cloth or leave them somewhere to dry.
- Piff Tips should be cleaned between each use for best results.
- Add some coarse salt to your soaking mixture and mix it around to help loosen up any dirt or resin.
- Isopropyl Alcohol is the best cleaner – it melts away annoying sticky dirt and resins from your tips much better than hot water and dish washing liquid. You can find isopropyl alcohol at most pharmacies and big shops – it is also called “rubbing alcohol” and is used as a disinfectant.
Need more cleaning brushes? Click here